We are an architectural and historic buildings consultancy covering Dorset, Devon and Somerset.
Caring for old buildings is a fascinating privilege. We enjoy finding sympathetic and realistic solutions so that owners can enjoy their properties while conserving them for future generations.
Angel Architecture has the professional knowledge required to repair and alter all types of historic buildings, as well as design new buildings in sensitive historic contexts.
We listen carefully to our clients’ needs and take timescales and budgets very seriously. We believe the key to delivering successful projects is to work collaboratively with all stakeholders, enabling them to make positive changes to historic buildings and areas.
Kim Sankey, Director, Angel Architecture
The practice has grown steadily since its formation by Kim Sankey in 2014. Excluding the director, there are two architectural Part 2 students, a Part 1 student and a bookkeeper. The registered office is in Dorchester with a base in Bridport and associates working remotely.
The Founding Director holds a diploma in conservation from the Architectural Association in London; having always been involved in the conservation and re-use of old buildings, particularly listed buildings, and unlisted buildings in Conservation Areas.
The structure of the practice and the experience of the staff ensures that it can respond quickly and efficiently, offering clients an appropriate, well designed and economical solution to their particular project.
What services do we offer?
The services which the practice offers clients are tailored to their individual requirements, and include:
- Full architectural service of design, obtaining consents and projects management for alterations, repairs and new building.
- Specialist consultancy on Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas.
- Building and site appraisal and feasibility studies.
- Obtaining Planning Permission, Listed Building Consent and Building Regulations approval.
- Liaison and negotiation with local authority officers and presentation to planning committees.
- Submission of appeal statements for written representations, hearings and public inquiries.
- Preparation of working drawings and specifications.
- Inspecting and certifying the works during construction.
- Retrofitting historic buildings to generate renewable energy wherever possible.
- Harnessing embodied energy and zero carbon solutions wherever possible.
At Angel Architecture, we are happy to manage entire projects, including contract management, or to work alongside other specialists in the design team.
Not sure what owning a listed building means or when you need Listed Building Consent? Read more here.