Bridport Town Hall, was built in 1786 and listed in 1950. The architect was William Tyler, one of the original 40 members of the Royal Academy. The Heritage Lottery Fund had enabled the ground floor to be converted from public toilets into a Tourist Information Centre and the first floor repaired as a council chamber and public hall which is used as a wedding venue, for meetings and events. The brief was to create space at first floor level for storage. Elegant joinery was manufactured locally to replicate the proportions of the existing panelled doors and to fit between openings around the perimeter of the room.