Charminster House was listed Grade II in 1956.
The house has origins as a Tudor church house and has been extensively remodelled in 1706 with an eastern range of brick and flint, latterly with a Victorian service corridor to the north abutting the village road.
The brief was to update the services, bathroom and kitchen, repair the roof where dormers and roof lights to the north elevation were in urgent need of repair and replacement. In addition new timber vehicular gates were to be reinstated to stop the deer from entering the extensive parkland and to secure the property. Approval was granted in September 2020 for listed building consent and planning permission.